Thursday, May 10, 2007

beauty, eh?



Wow.. that looks like progress!

Only a small headache last night ... I had never put a hinge or velcro in there to keep the top from sliding around.. can't believe that. Went to do that last night and there was no line marked for the inside of the box. I know I had done that at some point, but then I remembered I had also flipped the top over early in the drilling process, and never marked the inside dimensions. So I had to drop it on the box again, stick my arm in there, and this time fight around all the joysticks and buttons and trackball that were hanging down and try to get some edges marked so I could mount a few pieces of velcro.

I really wanted to put a door hinge on it, but to do that I'd have to make/bend a weird hinge edge that would go over the plywood. Hard to explain, so I won't even try. I'll just say that if you're thinking about building one of these for yourself, it's something you'll probably consider when you get to that point.

I also had to mount the spinner. And then for some reason I'd never screwed the back of the panel on, so I did that. Finally got around to start on the wiring.

It may look like a mess to you, but it's beautiful to me...

No comments: